- It is operated by cheque book and/or pre-arranged procedure.
- Withdrawals can be made at any time by writing a cheque and/or a pre-arranged procedure.
- It can be opened with an initial deposit of US Dollar 100 or its equivalent in any of the above stated currencies.
- Interest shall not be paid to a non-resident foreign currency current account.
- An individual may open current account in only one of the domestic authorized banks. Whereas he/she may open fixed deposit accounts in more than one bank.
The following are eligible to use the Diaspora Account:
- Non-resident Ethiopian;
- Non-resident foreign nationals of Ethiopian origin;
- Companies owned by the above mentioned nonresidents and located outside the Ethiopian territory for more than one year;
- Ethiopian nationals living and working abroad or in due process of living abroad for work for more than one year and who can produce authenticated documents.