Helps women customers to save and spend according to their wishes and everyday convenience.
Simplifies banking for the independent women of today.
Low-cost banking services
It is a simple savings account tailored for women by delivering a low-cost banking services to their satisfaction.
The account has the potential to improve saving culture among women and offers other privileges and benefits as a means of empowerment.
Manage Children Account
Mothers can open Smart Children Account & give the Bank standing order to transfer specified amount of money periodically to the Smart Children Account - free of charges.
Easy Access and Convenience
customers can access their accounts anywhere on different Bank’s channels, all the times (24/7).
Better Saving Interest Rate & better liquidity
customers can save any excess cash, earn interest on it and access it whenever required). No restriction on cash withdrawal regardless of the benefits offered by the account.
Free Financial Education
Awash Bank provides financial literacy on how to use bank services such as ATMs, debit cards, Internet banking, mobile banking, and how to interpret their bank statements, etc
Lower Initial Deposit
The minimum initial saving deposit amount shall be similar to ordinary saving account.
Lucy Women Special Saving Account
In Ethiopia, a woman carries several responsibilities on her shoulders. While she provides love and protection for her family, she also endeavors to strengthen the economy of her household and serves as a true pillar of the family’s economic integration, and look after the finances.On the other hand, Women have their own long-term goals.
Access to financial services is key to development, growth and economic wellbeing of women.Keeping these everyday financial needs of women in mind, Awash Bank offers“Lucy Women Special Saving Account”.
With its gender-smart banking solutions, Awash Bank aims at offering the accountholders at least the following value propositions
- Offering products/solutions that are catering to women at all levels of the economic pyramid.
- To encourage women to manage their money better while enjoying certain benefits that are linked to this account.
- To reduce barriers to financial services by providing an inclusive range of banking products and financial services to the women population.
- Creating values for existing and potential women clients by enabling them to invest in economic opportunities and address anticipated household needs.
Feature of the Lucy Women Special Saving Account
This Special Savings Account is designed specifically to take care of and address the banking and savings needs of the Women Clients to play an essential part of every women’s life, regardless of their financial position.
Mode of Operation of the Women Special Saving Account
The customers can operate their accounts using;
- With or without Passbook at a branch – Passbook which is specifically designed for holders of women saving account
- Digital channels
- Internet Banking
- Mobile Banking
- POS for purchase of items at the Bank’s merchants
- Agent banking at the Bank’s agent sites
Awash Bank provides high-interest-yielding saving products and various benefits as part of its women's account initiatives.
- Women in the age group of 18 years and above, singly or jointly.
- Various micro associations (edir, equb, etc.) whose major part (more than 50%) is owned, run and operated by women.
- Incapacitated Women (through legal tutors)
- Salaried and self-employed women, including those in the informal economy.
- Self Employed Women Professionals like Doctors, Entrepreneurs, etc.
- Women with an independent sources of regular income like rentals etc.
- Two latest passport-size photographs.
- Valid Address and identity proof documents